Art N Beat Star – Painting / Drawing Competition
Art N Beat invites any resident of North America who is interested in Drawing / Painting to participate in this competition. There is no requirement of being a Art N Beat member to participate in this competition. Participant needs prior registration and has to be physically present at the venue to participate.
Competition Age Categories for all Participants
- Sub Junior Category – 5 to 12 years
- Junior Category – 13 to 18 years
- Adult Category – 19 years and above
The competition will be held on June 9th, Sunday between 9:30 AM to 5 PM at Bharat Sevashram Sangha,
3490 NJ-27, Kendall Park, NJ 08824 . Final schedule will be published based on number of participants in each category.
General Rules for the Drawing / Painting Competition:
- Drawing / painting must be on paper of A2 size (420 x 594 mm), Art N Beat will provide the paper to each participant. Artr N Beat will provide the paper for Painting or Drawing.
- Acceptable tools of drawing / painting include pencil, crayon, water color, oil paint, computer drawing, etc. Photographs, wires, and other 3D objects are not acceptable. The completed artwork must be on a flat piece of paper. Smart phone, Tablet PC, Book or Magazines will NOT be allowed during the competition. Only participants are allowed within competition area.
- The drawing / painting must not include words, national flags, or slogans.
- The drawing / painting must not represent any particular individual, organization, or brand name and must not depict any religious / community / politics theme.
- Participant ID must be clearly mentioned on the back of poster in the English Language.
- The theme of the Drawing / Painting: Theme / Topic will be given during the competition.
- No text (including theme title, name, etc) should be written on the front of the Paper.
- Grand Winner, Category Winner & Runner-Up drawing / painting will be published in Website, Social Media and Annual Magazine.
- The judging scoring rubric will be based upon 5 separate criteria: Technique, Personal Expression, Organization, Integration, and Overall Aesthetic.
- Technique–the use of media and tools (execution and technical skills). The participant chooses and controls media and tools effectively to enhance the appearance of the work.
- Personal Expression–the level of imagination, creativity, and individuality. The expression is unique and the concept presented in a fresh way that is imaginative and inventive.
- Organization–the use of elements and principals of art, effectively choosing those which enhance the overall appearance of the work.
- Integration–the work integrates technique, expression, and organization through aesthetic and critical judgment to achieve an effective interpretation.
- Overall Aesthetic–the synthesis of creative composition and technical expertise. The way elements of design blend together to form a cohesive representation of the artist’s point of view.
No work may be entered which has been copied from any published source or any other artist’s creative image unless the student has modified or reinterpreted the original work in at least three significant ways using the student’s own vision or style.
When participant chooses to use someone else’s work as the basis for their work, they must consider the following: (1) color or lack thereof, (2) media/medium change, and (3) unique adds or deletes.Please keep in mind that size is not a significant change.
Copying a published photograph, painting, or drawing is ILLEGAL, not just undesirable and the work will be disqualified from competition.The goal is to have all work be entirely conceptualized, developed, and created by the student.In addition, all entries need to be a student’s own work. The artwork needs to be of the student’s own making.
Copyright Law: Any artwork that depicts copyrighted images will be rejected. For example, no artworks depicting characters from television shows, movies, video games, or books will be accepted. All artworks must be original ideas and created entirely by the student.
Prizes in each category namely: Winner & Runner Up. Cash Prizes will be awarded to the Winner ($100) and Runner-up ($75).
Final Schedule: The final schedule of the competition will be published on 15th May 2018.
Time Allowed: 60 Min .
This time duration includes the time taken by the competitor for the tuning of instruments etc. A warning bell will be sounded to indicate that only 15 minutes are remaining and the competitor should wind up within the next 15 minutes. The Final bell will be sounded at end of allotted time to tell the competitor to stop. Negative marks will be given if the competitor fails to complete by the final bell.
Prizes, Awards & Recognitions: All the contestants shall receive “Certificate of Participation” from Art N Beat. The Winners and Runner-up announcement will be published in the website (www.artnbeat.com) on 15th June around 7PM.
ONLY Winners will be selected to perform at the finale on 7th sept between 6PM and 11PM. Separate schedule will be sent to the Winners. Competition Winner and Runner-up for each catagory will receive Cash Prize, Certificate & Trophy during Art N Beat Music Festival on 7th Sept Saturday.
Number of Prizes: The committee may reduce the number of prizes in a particular category/age group if the number of contestants falls short of TEN(10) in that particular category/age group.
Special Prizes: The judges may, in exceptional cases, in consultation with the Music Competition Committee, award special prize to a competitor whose performance merits special consideration.
Application for competition: The participants shall seek entry to the competition by submitting the application online https://www.artnbeat.com/competition
Participation registration fee per performance category: Early bird – reduced to $40 if registered by March 31st. Registration fee will be $50 between April 1st and April 30th. Registration fee will be $75 from May 1st till permitted. Last day of the registration is May 15th.
Walk-in participation will not be allowed.
Questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732 757 0655 | 732 236 5956 | 732 796 4805 | 732 710 8765
Maximum Number of Entries: Entries will be accepted on first come basis. In event of entries exceeding the capacity, no entries shall be accepted after the deadline of May 15th 2019.
Order of Participation: Order/sequence of participation will be at the sole discretion of the organizers.
Participant Reporting Time: All participants are required to be present at the venue before commencement of the competition for the relevant age group. Re-Scheduling time-slot is not permitted. Each participant will be given a time window and must report to front desk before the specified time window.
Judges: There shall be a panel of judges (at all levels of competition) for the conduct of competition whose judgment will be final. The committee will decide norms of judgment. Each judge will hand over the judgment at the completion by a competitor for tabulation by the Competition Committee.
Any solicitation or selling of items are strictly prohibited and may disqualify from contest.
Discipline: Every competitor is required to be present in the competition hall when his/her name is announced for presenting item. In case the competitor fails to reach the stage even after three calls; he/she will stand disqualified from the competition.
Review of Rules: Art N Beat reserves the right to amend any rules to make the competition more meaningful and transparent.